September 24, 2009
10 Books to Read Before You Die
I saw this list over at Debbie's World of Books, although it originated with Pam at Bookalicio.us. I thought it would be fun and interesting. Turns out it's also harder than I thought . . .
1. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. (I know, I should probably lose my reviewer or book blogger status over this one. I never had to read it in school and it's been on my TBR list for a long time. I even have a lovely library bound edition.)
2. Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell. (Yes, I am from Atlanta and have never read this classic. Does seeing the movie count?)
3. The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde. (Yet another book that I have in my own personal library and another lovely library bound edition. The movie from the 40s was incredible.)
4. A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens (I have seen every movie version but never read the book. And I love all things Christmas)
5. Possession by A.S. Byatt. (I have seen the movie and loved Jennifer Ehle's portrayal)
6. The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy. (I have seen the mini-series which was stellar. The story was so good, the book has to be just as excellent)
7. The War of the Worlds/The Time Machine/The Island of Dr. Moreau by H.G. Wells. (I have never read anything by H.G. Wells but the man has always fascinated me, so he's on the list)
8. The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins. (A classic mystery, enough said.)
9. Journey to the Center of the Earth by Jules Verne. (I've never read anything by Jules Verne but I feel I should so this is my pick).
10. Outlander by Diana Gabaldon. (I love time travel and I have heard this book is wonderful)
So what would be your 10 books?