ReCOVERy Friday is a new weekly meme hosted by Sarah at Miss Page-Turner's City of Books and as the title suggests, the concept is to recover from a busy week of working and studying and relax as you like it. This meme should be fun for everyone and just a nice light start into our weekend.
This is how it works:
1) Think of a book cover you like (e.g. because of its cover art, model, author, title, etc.) It doesn’t matter if it’s an old or new one, you just have to enjoy it!
2) Create a ReCOVERy Friday post for your blog and post it with the whole wonderful weekend ahead (or post it one or two days later if you lack time).
3) Maybe add some sentences and explain why you like the cover…
4) Add your ReCOVERy Friday post to the link at Miss Page-Turner's City of Books so everyone can enjoy it.
5) Check out other ReCOVERy Friday posts if you like, to compare them, chat about them, get inspiration and just have fun!
My ReCOVERy Friday choice:
Dark Secrets, Volume 1 (Legacy of Lies and Don't Tell) by Elizabeth Chandler
I saw my niece reading this book and immediately fell in love with the cover (the picture of which, I must say, does not quite do it justice). It's startlingly simple - - a plain black background with only an ornate key in varying shades of purple, blue and green. My favorite colors. Sigh.
I adore the simplicity. I salivate over the colors. There is an elegance to this cover, as well as a bit of gothic mystery. Were this a framed piece of art I would not hesitate to purchase it and hang it in my house.
As a post script, I do not normally read Young Adult but this book piqued my interest so much (thanks to the cover) that my niece is passing it along to me when she's finished.
What is your ReCOVERy Friday choice?