November 5, 2010
ReCOVERy Friday: November 5, 2010
ReCOVERy Friday is a new weekly meme hosted by Sarah at Miss Page-Turner's City of Books and as the title suggests, the concept is to recover from a busy week of working and studying and relax as you like it. This meme should be fun for everyone and just a nice light start into our weekend.
This is how it works:
1) Think of a book cover you like (e.g. because of its cover art, model, author, title, etc.) It doesn’t matter if it’s an old or new one, you just have to enjoy it!
2) Create a ReCOVERy Friday post for your blog and post it with the whole wonderful weekend ahead (or post it one or two days later if you lack time).
3) Maybe add some sentences and explain why you like the cover…
4) Add your ReCOVERy Friday post to the link at Miss Page-Turner's City of Books so everyone can enjoy it.
5) Check out other ReCOVERy Friday posts if you like, to compare them, chat about them, get inspiration and just have fun!
My ReCOVERy Friday choice:
Vixen (Flappers #1) by Jillian Larkin
I saw this book online this week and absolutely, positively fell head over heels in love with the cover. Isn't it just gorgeous?
I love all things 1920s and flappers and so this cover just does it for me. The girl is stunning - - her expression veers between a knowing sexiness and deep mystery. I covet her dress (I was definitely born during the wrong era) and I think I'm in love with the flowers at her waist. Her pose is unique and eye catching. I like the ornate nature of the chair she's sitting in. Heck, I even really like the font used for the book title.
I have added this book to my TBR list and I fully expect to waste reading time just drooling at the cover.
What is your ReCOVERy Friday choice?